How Do I Get Rid Of Adware,Spyware,Malware Etc?

Alan L 09:32 07 Nov 07

Hello and good morning.I've inherited 5 items in my Yahoo toolbar namely 'Remove Popups', 'Scan Spyware', 'Security Tools', 'Spam Protection' and a separate banner 'Warning...adware/spyware'.I've genuinely no idea how they got there. They are all leading to websites telling me I must download this and that software to remove the so-called 'threats' on my computer. I've not downloaded anything but simply viewed the websites themselves. (All five of them!)

I've run my Ad-Aware, AVG Anti-Spyware, Desktop Mechanic, McAfee Security Suite, Spybot and Windows Defender twice and these are all up-to-date. Where something has been found,mainly by Spybot,I've removed it.I've then logged off and then logged back on again only to find all five items still there and in the same place.

Now I'm at a loss to know what to do. Having supposedly removed these things twice now on each full scan,they're still there.Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do next please?

Thank you very much in advance for any help and assistance you can give me.It will be greatly appreciated.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:40 07 Nov 07

click here download the free home users version and do a FULL scan and then scan in safe mode.

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:43 07 Nov 07

...forgot to write...you will probably be better off scanning in safe mode and running Smitrem exe from click here will defffo clear your computer out.

G

jh1885 13:18 09 Nov 07

counter spy v2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…