how do i get rid of???

blowworm 21:04 11 Jan 03
  blowworm 21:04 11 Jan 03

click here seems to have hijacked my default web opening page.

I have deleted all cookies, internet files, put hotmail as my default, run untold "get rid of junk internet files" programmes Been in winfile.exe and deleted things from it(the index.dat things in tempor~ folder........ nothing works....... any ideas??
Would be helpful. also run adaware, and things to so called clean the swap file and free space.... could go on and on........

BRYNIT 21:14 11 Jan 03

Is it that this comes up as your default web page and you want to gwt rid of it.

If so go to the page you want as your home/default page go to tools/internet options click use current apply/ok.

blowworm 21:25 11 Jan 03

Done that, as in "put hotmail as default", nothings seems to get shot of it, thanks.

Gaz 25 22:45 11 Jan 03

I start here and I start there is a browser hijacker, it can be put on with out you even knowing. To get rid of such things and spywares too download SpyBot Search & Destroy click here or get it on this months cover disc (trains and ships issue 90). Ad-aware will not detect these things but Search and Destroy will remove them safely.

muppetmark 23:00 11 Jan 03

If no success with any of the above visit click here and get Hijackthis and visit click here for further help and solutions

Dave Bowman 23:17 11 Jan 03

As muppetmark suggests, go to his advised site or this sub page which cotains just what you need. click here

VoG™ 09:11 12 Jan 03

Also see click here

Once you've fixed it, consider getting this to stop it happening again click here

TheMainMan 09:57 12 Jan 03

launch the Run command and type in "regedit" and launch the find option in the edit menu and click on the Find button and type in click here . This is will find the website reference in the registry.

Double click on the registry entry "normally Start Page" in Win2K and type in the website reference you would like to load as you default webpage when loading IE. Click on the Ok button and search for more references in the registry and change it with your new default webpage. Then close the registry prog.

TheMainMan 10:05 12 Jan 03

Oh I yes the website blowworm talking about is completetly offline

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…