How do I get PCI - USB 2.0 card to detect USB ?

kjrider 13:07 02 Jun 06

Have put a USB 2.0 card into PC. In Manager it says it all working OK, and if I plug a USB item in, power is there and my USB stick shows its ready to send/Rx files.

But thats all. Cannot seem to be able to access any USB items.

Tabvla 13:10 02 Jun 06

What equipment are you plugging into the USB port?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:39 02 Jun 06

Do you have the drivers loaded , In device manager is it shown and do you see the word "Enhanced" in the drivers

kjrider 18:01 02 Jun 06

Drivers are present in device manager, enhanced and say USB2.0. Am plugging in a USB data stick, etc. Shows power and ready to move files on its little screen but unable to access it on the PC.

USB data stick Works fine on my wifes PC.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:10 02 Jun 06

If you are running pre XP (98) then you will need drivers for the stick aswell as driver for the USB2.

What op system / what make of USB stick?

kjrider 19:37 02 Jun 06

Am running XP & the UB stick doesn't need drivers as i work fine on other PCs - I just plug it in.

Its a sigma 256Mhz MP3 from Tescos a while back

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:45 02 Jun 06

Uninstall and reinstall all the drivers under the heading USB in device manager.

kjrider 22:23 02 Jun 06

Yep. Tried that as well, but no change.

howard63 22:48 02 Jun 06

try moving the pci card to another slot some are different to others - it could also be a setting within your bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…