How do I get into Password protected Bios

bradwell boy 19:02 06 Oct 03

Friend has a 15th hand computer and has added a printer with a USB port. The set-up of the printer requires him to go into the bios and change two of the settings. He cannot get into the bios set-up as it has been password protected somewhere along the line. Is there a way to bypass this or to determine the password?

powerless 19:09 06 Oct 03

Open the PC up and there should be a circular battery. Take it out and leave it out for about err 5, 10 mins then pop it back in.

However make a note of all BIOS settings. Then when the battery is replaced the BIOS will default and any chnages that were made would be lost.

Just check with your notes for any differences and change accordingly.

gold 47 19:11 06 Oct 03

Remove the battery leave it for an hour or two and replace the battery again the password should have been removed.Unless someone on the forum knows better.

powerless 19:12 06 Oct 03

I know no such person.

Rayuk 19:19 06 Oct 03

Do you work for Microsoft?

"Make a note of bios settings"

powerless 19:23 06 Oct 03

Mr Microsoft UK :-)

mark e 19:36 06 Oct 03

just a thought? I tried as suggested it failed because I never removed the plug from the 240v supply it only worked after the plug & battery was removed.

Mark

Belatucadrus 19:53 06 Oct 03

The password may be a default one set by the BIOS manufacturer, here is a page listing some of those used click here

mark e 21:17 06 Oct 03

You have ticked this as resolved but not explained how?

How do you expect others in the forum to learn if you don't divulge how you resolved it.

Mark

bugsy.m 21:41 06 Oct 03

How do you make 'anote of the bios settings' if you cannot get into the bios ????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…