How do I get outlook to check my emails

pcgal 23:43 22 Dec 04

I am running office 2003 on my laptop but to check my emails I start outlook manually......How do I change outlook to automatically startup when I switch my laptop on?

I've checked MSCONFIG and the startup option but no option to tick

thanks

ACOLYTE 23:47 22 Dec 04

drag the short cut to the start folder?

ACOLYTE 23:47 22 Dec 04

drag the short cut to the start folder?

pcgal 23:51 22 Dec 04

wheres the start folder acolyte

ACOLYTE 23:57 22 Dec 04

click here

I dont know if this will help.

oscar cat 00:36 23 Dec 04

Hi pcgal, what acolyte is saying is basically either copy or drag the oulook icon to the startup folder which you see when you click start - all programs - startup. How you get there depends on which operating system you are running, above is simple solution for Win XP, then you should see the entry is msconfig.

agarm11 00:42 23 Dec 04

Drop the outlook short cut into the startup folder. Usually found at
C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Start Menu\Programs\startup

pcgal 00:46 23 Dec 04

what I'm really looking for guys is for outlook to check my emails in the background without starting the application on my desktop.

I have dragged the shortcut into my startup folder so thanks for everyones help so far but is it possible to just get outlook to appear in my task bar and check emails in the background

thanks guys

agarm11 00:57 23 Dec 04

As far as I know Outlook has to be running to check emails. To get it to check at regular intervals, Click Tools - Options - Mail setup tab - send/recieve button - tick the "Schedule an automatic send/receive every ** minutes" button.

Hope that helps.

pcgal 01:05 23 Dec 04

thanks agarm......I'm thinking maybe it can be started automatically in minimised form maybe....I'll trawl microsoft tomorrow its getting too late.

thanks for everyones help

ACOLYTE 01:42 23 Dec 04

Ok, i think this is what you wont it minimies OE to system tray and alerts you when you have mail
you have to open OE first then minimise to tray.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac