How do I get OE to flag me

pj123 11:51 23 May 05

when a new email has arrived?

I am expecting a very important email with a time limit. I have ticked the boxes in Tools, Options that say: Play sound when new messages arrive and Check for new messages every ten minutues.
I sent myself a test message but didn't get flagged. So I am having to manually check for new messages every ten minutes.

Windows 98SE.

Lionheart ? 12:01 23 May 05

You could try this click here

Yokel 13:22 23 May 05

Have you got a tick in the box at Tools-Accounts-Mail-(Select account)-Properties-"Include this account. . ." ?
Have you got a sound assigned to "New mail notification" ?

pj123 13:42 23 May 05

Lionheart ?, That seems to be for Outlook only, I am using Outlook Express, but thanks anyway.

Thanks, Yokel. Thought that might be the answer, but not to be I'm afraid. Did what you said. Sent myself another test email. Nothing. Only played the sound when I checked manually for new emails. Doesn't seem to alert me when I am doing something else, like surfing the PCA Forum.

Lionheart ? 14:22 23 May 05

Just tried it with Outlook Express, works fine.

Curio 14:34 23 May 05

You could install Incredimail until your urgent message received then uninstall it. Choice of free indicators of new mail. I personally prefer it to O.E.

GroupFC 14:43 23 May 05

Bit of a long shot but - you have got a tick in the box "check for new messages every xx minutes", haven't you?

This is under tools>options and on the general tab under send/recieve messages.

And you do keep OE open while your surfing, don't you? (bit of a silly question that one really!).

GroupFC 14:46 23 May 05

Doh!!!!

Must read the postings more carefully........!!

pj123 14:46 23 May 05

Lionheart ?. Thanks. I didn't actually download anything because it seemed to be only for Outlook. Have now downloaded something called Poppy for windows. I now have an envelope in my system tray. But I have sent myself another email and still nothing happens to alert me to new emails. Would you like to send me a test email via the envelope? Thanks.

pj123 14:48 23 May 05

Just checked my email again Manually and I have 8 new emails. Not one of them came up with any alert.

pj123 14:54 23 May 05

GroupFC, Don't worry, done the same thing myself many times. But yes and yes to your post. I changed it from the default 30 minutes to 10 minutes. I really need to respond to this email as soon as I get it, because of the deadline, so I am checking manually every few minutes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…