How do i get new Avg for friend with no net?

buel 21:31 15 Oct 09

Hi, my friend has an old avg on his pc that is something like 400 days out of date(as he doesn't have internet access yet), please can anyone tell me if i now download the latest avg exe file, would that be more 'updated' if you see what i mean?

Zeppelyn 21:35 15 Oct 09

It would yes but best left until he has internet access I think.

RobCharles1981 21:40 15 Oct 09

Just download it from your PC and save it to a flash stick and install it from there, you can also download the latest Defination File from site also.

woodchip 21:55 15 Oct 09

Does he need it! as if he does not share files or go on the Net he does not need any security at all.

By Share I mean use discs or memory cards that have been in another computer

MAT ALAN 22:07 15 Oct 09

absolutely no point, till your connected to the internet!!!!

Bapou 22:37 15 Oct 09

If he has no intention of connecting to the Internet then remove AVG completely. He may be pleasantly surprised to find the computer has a new lease of life when AVG is no longer hogging resources.

Make sure of complete removal by clearing left over files from the Registry with CCleaner.

MAT ALAN 23:09 15 Oct 09

AVG is certainly not a resource hugger, on any good spec PC it will happily run and you will not know the difference...
I would still uninstall anything relating to internet use tho until you really need it...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…