how do i get my site on search engines

hi i have created my first ever web site and now want to get it on search engines
how is this done

Gaz 25 12:20 10 Dec 03

click here and type add my link to google and then go through the options.

Never expect top listing though you are trying to compete with companies that pay big money to get there.

Goatee 12:41 10 Dec 03

Before submitting, make sure your site is ready for it. For example, does your site have a title, keywords and desription tags?

When writing the above, don't go overboard. Search engines can actually penalise you for spamming your keywords and having titles and desriptions that are too long. Choose your keywords wisely and ensure they are appropriate to the site content.

Another good way to get Google spiders to scan your site is to include Google Adsense banners, which can be kept discrete to avoid spoiling your site.

You will also have to wait a while to get listed, 2 months people say. But I got listed wuite quickly and receive a reasonable amount of hits from Google :)

Good luck

Goatee 12:42 10 Dec 03

Another tip - Go through your pages and make sure your body text incorporates your keywords, but don't make it obvious :)

Gaz 25 13:08 10 Dec 03

I sometimes, put keywords into <!-- tags...

And Google actually finds them!

Gaz 25 13:09 10 Dec 03

As said though, dont put too many in...

Just a few like 5 or something is about right for the <!-- Keywords, Keywords --> Tags

AndySD 13:30 10 Dec 03

click here and submit it to the Open Directory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…