How do I get my photos onto disc???

towunda 19:10 03 Mar 03

Ok, you've probally realised by now that I'm not computer literate!
I like to know how I get my photos from my digital camera on a compact disc rather that store them on the computer.
I've got two disc trays, one dvd rom and one disc recorder rewriter.
What tray do I put the blank disc in and then where do I go from there???
Photos are in a file at the moment.
Thanks for any help. Cheers!

powerless 19:16 03 Mar 03

You need a CD-R Disc and you need to put the Disc into the recorder/rewriter tray.

Just pop it in. If your using Windows XP you can just copy the pictures across or send.

Right click the Folder and choose send, then choose CD-RW Drive.

This is very basic but works...

click here and click here supply special writing software so you can do slide shows etc and put the CD in a DVD drive and watch it on a TV.

spikeychris 19:19 03 Mar 03

As you would expect the blank record-able disk will go in the CD writer. Depending on the software you have you could just click on the photo file and keeping hold of your left mouse button drag the file to your writer and drop it. The files will be copied to the disk.

If you press your Windows key and keep hold of that and hit the E key, it will open Windows Explorer, you might find it easier this way.

Chris

woodchip 19:24 03 Mar 03

As Powerless say's that will work with XP but you did not say what Operating System, if other than the above you need to format the disc first so you can do what Powerless say's. You would have to use inCD by NERO or DirectCD by CDCreator to format the CD. if you have a little CD player in the system tray put a CD in Computer right click little CD and choose format. Then just use like a floppy disc in Explorer

towunda 21:02 03 Mar 03

I've got windows ME. I've put a disc in the tray and tried to drag my photo folder to compact cisc (R) but keep getting the message - unable to create the folder 'photos' Access is denied. I am using a new Kodak CD.R Ultima disc. ant more clues???

SantasLittleHelper 21:07 03 Mar 03

Windows ME does not have CD recording facilities built in you are going to need a third party program such as Nero or Easy CD Creator. If you are using a CD-R disc you do not need to format it, only CD-RW discs need formatting.

interzone55 21:09 03 Mar 03

Windows ME doesn't have any built in CD writing capability.
You should have got some software with your PC to enable CD writing.
The most common ones are Nero, Easy CD Creator or WinCD. Take a look in Start/Programs to find the one that came with your PC, they are quite easy to use, just don't get upset if you ruin your first few disks.

spikeychris 21:34 03 Mar 03

As has been pointed out your machine does not have a writer built in. If for some reason you don't have one, you can find one or two free on the Internet.

Chris

towunda 22:09 03 Mar 03

Thanks guys, I found easy cd creator and mission is accomplished. Thanks everyone for your help. I'll be back!!!

woodchip 23:15 03 Mar 03

CDR need to be formated also for Direct CD, to drag and drop in Explorer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…