//some 3rd party need geo

How do i get my PC to recognise a new Hard Drive?

Tidus 14:49 23 Sep 03

Hey again guys.

Ive just installed a small Hard Drive, the bios picks it up as a Quantem something, which is fine, and Windows seems to have picked it up as if i goto device manager, disk drives, its there waswell as my main hard drive.

However, heres the problem, when i goto my computer, theres noting there, you know, you should get like a little icon, as my main hard drive has one, aswell as my cd drive and cd re writer, but my new hardd rive just isnt there, i cant install anything onto it or anything.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks.

TBH1 14:54 23 Sep 03

you have to fdisk and format it - - - do a search on this forum, more threads than you can shake a stick at. Careful when fdisking though, make sure you have selected correct drive.

SEASHANTY 15:16 23 Sep 03

This site may be of some use regarding fitting a new hard drive click here

Djohn 15:18 23 Sep 03

If you are using XP then right click on the "My Computer Icon, choose "Manage" then from the window that comes up, click on "Disk management". You will see your new hard drive in the right hand window.

Click on it and choose format. Follow the wizard and your disk will then appear in, "My Computer". while you are in disk management, you can change your drive letters round to suit. Regards. j.

woodchip 15:59 23 Sep 03

You do not need to fdisk if you can see the drive in windows just right click the drive and choose format as a floppy. Otherwise go into BIOS and auto detect the drive also look for LBA for Hard Drives and make sure it's enabled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…