How do I get my origianl JPEG Back??

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 22:20 01 Jan 05

Hi

I'm using Paint Shop Pro 6 and have just edited 3 JPEGs then saved them as their original filenames.

But Now they won't open.

Can I get the original back?

woodchip 22:23 01 Jan 05

If you have no copies NO

woodchip 22:25 01 Jan 05

PS you could try opening in another Edit program like Infranview, if it does save it again in the above. there are different jpeg's

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 23:23 01 Jan 05

Sorry its PSP 9.

I have the original photos on disc, but I have edited them with Paint shop and then renamed them.

Then I have resized them and saved them again as their Edited names. And now they won't open.

I've spent a long time working on them so I was hopeful I could recover the original edited photo.

woodchip 23:27 01 Jan 05

AS above download this and see if it will open them from within the program but you need to know where to point it to the files click here

Alan2 23:34 01 Jan 05

A long shot and probably wide of the mark:-

Is there a chance that you've saved them in PaintShopPro's native format .psp etc and you're now trying to open them in a more general application which doesn't recognise .psp?

If this is the case they can be converted to .jpeg by PaintShopPro.

bretsky 23:38 01 Jan 05

Right click the image and go to properties and you can change the program it opens with.

bretsky ;0)

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 23:40 01 Jan 05

Tried all your suggestions, no luck.

Any other ideas?

bretsky 23:45 01 Jan 05

What's the o/s? what happens when you try to open any of these files? any error messages?

bretsky ;0)

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 23:57 01 Jan 05

Windows XP

I get error message saying that Paint cannot read this file and its not a valid bitmap file...

I get similar message when i try and open with other programs

Cook2 00:55 02 Jan 05

Try opening your pictures folder and double click on one of the pictures concerned, this will usually open it in the program you saved with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…