How do I get a good ranking on a search engine?

Scottie Guy 22:20 15 Aug 04

Hi there folks,
This is probably the questtion that everyone want the answer to, but does anyone have any advice? I dont know where to begin. Any sites I have found want me to pay, I dont want to pay, I like things free (if possible).

My site is not live yet but will be soon in the next couple of weeks, the link below will take you in, but the home link does not work, due to not being live.

click here

any help would be great, thanks guys.
Graeme

javaBalls 22:01 16 Aug 04

I have been asking friends the same question.

In short, there is no magic solution.

I found the help page on google quite useful.

click here

v1c 20:27 22 Aug 04

You need to concentrate on the main body text, it needs to match with the keywords and description, do that first and then work your socks off submitting to the likes of Google, MSN, The UK Directory, etc.

If you have "television" in your list of keywords it needs to be in the main body text on the page, likewise other words need to follow the same pattern, that is crucial.

Also the "title" tag needs to give a give an accurate description of the site, like:
"Jack's television company"
That gives you "television in the title, keywors and body text, three times and that grabs the spiders.

Then work your socks off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…