How do I get Firefox to auto dial my isp

naggis 14:57 27 Dec 04

It would be good if firing up Firefox would also dial my broadband number. I know this is only a minor irritation but at this festive time it would be great to fixit.

Dorsai 15:11 27 Dec 04

I would start in control panel>internet options, pick the connection tab, and click the radio button for 'always dial my default connection'. Then OK out.

Back in control panel>network conntections, right click on your Dial up BB modem, pick properties, and then pick the 'options' tab from teh new window. Untick 'prompt for name and password etc' and also untick 'prompt for phone number'.

In theory, now, whenever any program needs an internet connection the PC will start up the modem, and the modem will automatically connect up.

naggis 15:20 27 Dec 04

Hi Dorsai, Setting up the connections seems to have fixed the problem. Wish I had know about such a simple fix before - would have saved plenty of frustration.
Thanks very much for that and have a good new year.

Dorsai 15:23 27 Dec 04

Happy new year to you also

It took me ages to work out what settings did the trick.

picklsey 16:28 27 Dec 04

for ref.thanks

all the best for 2005.

Rocky Horror 15:56 30 Dec 04

Tried Dorsai's fix but still no luck. Get the following message:
"Error 623 The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection"

Am using XP with SP2 and a broadband connection from Onetel/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…