how do I get excel to go to a cell?

wosname 21:16 29 Jul 03

Hello All
Can anyone tell me the formula to get excel to go to a specified cell if the answer to a question is correct?
I'm trying to write a simple program in excel to aid spelling for learning disabilities, nothing difficult just simple words.
Any guidance would be gratefully received.
By the way it's office97 (yes I know it's old, but so am I).
Thanx All.

VoG II 22:18 29 Jul 03

Right click the worksheet tab, select View Code.

Copy and paste in the following (from "Private..." to "End Sub"):

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then

If Target.Value Then Application.Goto Reference:=ActiveSheet.Range("D7"), scroll:=True

End If

End Sub

Change "$A$1" to where a True or False result will appear and "D7" to the cell that you want to jump to.

However, if you can state just what it is that you are trying to achieve there may be a more elegant way of telling the user if they were right or wrong.

wosname 22:46 29 Jul 03

VoG. I want to get the cliet to spell the name of picture ie apple if the answer is correct then go to the next question (pear or whatever). Basically, just to answer 10 or so questions. I will be using pictures for them to spell the answer.
I shall try your suggestion tomorrow and hopefully complete the project. Cheers.

VoG II 23:03 29 Jul 03

Well good luck and I hope that it works. As an afterthought you might need to change

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then

to refer to the cell where the entry is made

and then

If Target.Value Then Application.Goto Reference:=ActiveSheet.Range("D7"), scroll:=True

to

If ActiveSheet.Range("C5").Value Then Application.Goto Reference:=ActiveSheet.Range("D7"), scroll:=True

Assuming that the crue/False will appear in C5.

Tim1964 23:18 29 Jul 03

wosname,

This very thing was covered last week in another PC mag. (no where near as good as PCA of course....).

It is an excel sheet and can easily be adapted to include photos/clipart etc.

If you click on the envelope next to my username I an email it to you, as it would be much easier than trying to explain it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…