How do I get cartridges out of printer? Help pleas

bof:) 19:27 26 Apr 05

Hi All,

I have a Lexmark X75 printer scanner. I've relocated my PC because we needed the space and when I set everything back up my printer refuses to power up.

I find this difficult to believe because I wrapped and carried it very carefully from one room to another, without jolting it.

I've tried plugging it into a mains socket I know works, tried changing the fuse etc. Nothing works.

Now here comes the rub, I changed the printer for my sons X75 to check out the lead and his works! So it must be my printer thats faulty I guess.

I have the newer cartridges in what was my printer but without being able to power it up, I cannot get them out. Unless I strip down (bash to bits) the x75 I have unless anyone knows of an easy way to get them out.

I know it seems that the printer is broken and they are easy enough to replace, but if at all possible I'd like to remove the cartridges with the minimum of damage to the printer.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks,

Mike

interzone55 19:35 26 Apr 05

Lexmark printers have a small AC adaptor built into the back, this sometimes slips out, try pushing it back in to see if it powers up again

Technotiger 19:39 26 Apr 05

Hi, when you say you have checked the lead, do you mean usb or power lead? have you checked that the Power Supply is getting power? It may be the power supply is at fault rather than the printer.

THE TERMINATOR 21:03 26 Apr 05

Does the scanner work? Is it there is something wrong here, that is stopping your printer from powering up.

bof:) 01:34 27 Apr 05

Hi All,

When you plug the printer in and press the power button nothing at all happens.

alan14, tried pushing the adaptor in as far as it would go. Nothing happened.

Technotiger, I mean the power lead. As mentioned above, I changed the fuse, nothing happened. Put the printer lead plug into a wall socket that I know works...nothing happened. But when I put an identical printer scanner onto the same power lead it powered up straight away.

THE TERMINATOR, the scanner does not work because the whole of the printer/scanner is not getting any power to it although the identical 1 I have works fine with the same lead.

The problem is that if the original x75 printer/scanner now appears to be faulty ie. no power (dont know why because it was only put in storage for a day and then put back onto the same pc that was in a different location).

But it needs the power to be able to remove the ink cartridges which are new and due to their cost I want to try and get them out of the printer. But how?

Any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Derek 07:33 27 Apr 05

Still failing ?
Get in touch with the Lexmark site.

Wak 09:50 27 Apr 05

Hi, I have a Lexmark X75 which is NOT plugged in and have just tried this:-

Lift up the Scanner portion so that you can see the cartridges hiding under the ledge on the right.
Put the finger nail of the left index finger between the chrome bracket and the Colour cartridge (just in front of and above the chrome rod. Now holding the printer with the right hand quickly pull the cartridges to the left and out into the centre.
The cartridges can now be removed and the holders pushed back to their normal position if required or left where they are.
They should automatically reset themselves when new cartridges are inserted and the printer switched on.
This works with mine so I assume it should work with all X75s.

bof:) 18:41 27 Apr 05

Cheers Wak, it worked just as you said. Aint I stupid I never gave it a thought that the cartridges would move without the printer being turned on.

Many thanks everyone for your help, once again you have come up trumps.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…