How do I get back my Google task bar

justkevin 23:27 13 Aug 07

I had,until I downloaded the latest wonderful thing from Google,a floating task bar that could be dragged all over the screen.Since downloading the latest Google wonder(since deleted and uninstalled) I can't get back my taskbar about 35mm long.How can I get this back?

johnnyrocker 23:38 13 Aug 07

if xp system restore?

johnny.

not sure about google taskbar,as ive never heard of it,but for taskbar click here

justkevin 09:04 14 Aug 07

I should have said I am on Windows 2000 Professional and not XP,the Raven ..only applies to XP

Technotiger 09:09 14 Aug 07

Have you tried (in IE/FF) View>Toolbars then perhaps Customize?

^wave^ 09:11 14 Aug 07

what did you down load that stopped it working

brundle 09:13 14 Aug 07

Google Floating Deskbar? click here

justkevin 19:58 14 Aug 07

Hi thanks all.Technotigern tried that and it didn't seem to work.Wave ,no idea what it was that I downloaded but it was a Google prompt to do so,so I did,brundle thanks for that ,it wasn't exactly what I was after but it contained an awful lot more with it.The only attraction I suppose before ,was that the task bar was always on the screen,sometimes getting in the way but now I have to click to make it appear,so no great hardship there.Thanks to all for your advice

Technotiger 20:01 14 Aug 07

OK - thanks for the feedback anyway.

^wave^ 10:18 15 Aug 07

on my other pc now and have google task this one is fixed to the task bar but it can float you should have in start progs google desk top start it up from there and chose how you want it to behave

justkevin 13:46 17 Aug 07

Hi wave
I did as you suggested but can't get it to float! I also have it fixed in the taskbar.whereas before it was always on the screen,quite small but still there.I opened up Google in starup selected floating bar but even after booting up it still can't be seen on the screen,it didn't indicate where I could find it in order to drag it somewhere.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant