how do i get arrows on the sides of excel worksheet

elsanta 13:01 PM 21 Nov 11
Answered

only one of my workbooks has missing arows on the sides/corners and load with grey borders within the window frame. How did I lose them and how to get them back, please

Picklefactory 13:11 PM 21 Nov 11

Do you mean the scroll bars, and what version of Excel do you have?

elsanta 13:58 PM 21 Nov 11

Picklefactory. Thanks for reply. The scroll bars are OK. excel is 2000 probably standard

Picklefactory 14:36 PM 21 Nov 11

Not sure what arrows you mean? What do these missing arrows do? The only ones I can think of are part of the scroll bars.

elsanta 15:16 PM 21 Nov 11

Picklefactory. Thanks for reply. The scroll bars are OK. excel is 2000 probably standard

elsanta 15:23 PM 21 Nov 11

If you hover mouse over the edge of the worksheet or in the corner, a double headed arrow appears. dragging this inwards will make a smaller page. It is then pssible to load a completly new worksheet side by side. However all I would like to do is get the double arrows to appear and drag outwards to fill the screen. I hope that makes sense. elsanta

VoG II 15:40 PM 21 Nov 11

It sounds like you have the window maximised. Click the button immediately to the left of the red X close button (top right of the screen).

elsanta 17:20 PM 21 Nov 11
Answer

Thanks VoG and picklefactory. I have tried full screen several times but that was not the problem, However playing around because of your suggestions I have found the double headed arrows ( I dont know how!!) but that is part of the mystery of computers/microsoft. Regards, elsanta

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone