How do I get "un-zip" in the contecs window ?

EARLR 10 Nov 12
Answered

it was there before.

EARLR 10 Nov 12

I typed " and un "

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10 Nov 12

your unzip program will usually put it there when you install it.

operating system?

zip program? winzip? 7 zip?

EARLR 10 Nov 12

An unzip program was on the window when right clicked WIN7

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10 Nov 12

To restore the Extract All option to Windows' context menus you must associate ZIP files with Windows Explorer

First, launch Windows Explorer (hold down the Windows key and tap E) and use it to find a ZIP file that you have downloaded. Right-click the file, click ‘Open with’ and elect ‘Choose default program’. In the ‘Open with dialogue box’ menu, click to select Windows Explorer from the Recommended Programs, ensure that the ‘Always use the selected program to open this kind of file’ box is ticked and click OK. Now return to Windows Explorer and right-click the ZIP file to see if the Extract All option is returned.

If it isn’t there, Microsoft suggests a couple of alternative solutions. The first involves a backdoor Registry tweak, so you should back up the Registry first – see Microsoft’s guide to doing this. Now click Start followed by run, type cmd into the Open box and press Enter. Then, at the command prompt, type regsvr32 /u /s zipfldr.dll and press Enter.

Now type regsvr32 /i /s zipfldr.dll and press Enter. Keep the Command window open for now, return to Windows Explorer and right-click on a ZIP file to see if Extract All has returned to the context menu. If not, return to the Command window, type sfc /scannow, press Enter and sit back for a while. Windows will now scan its system files to fix any faults it finds, which should correct the problem if all else has failed.

EARLR 10 Nov 12

Thanks FB. I will try the sfc ?scannow method if I can remember how to make myself an Admin again

EARLR 10 Nov 12

Tried scannow didnt find anything and unzip is still not in menu I am a little disletic and a little worried about reg edit. any other ideas ?

EARLR 10 Nov 12

I had no problems unzipping last week .

rdave13 10 Nov 12

See if it says 'extract all' instead of unzipping.

EARLR 10 Nov 12

no rdave it doesn't Sorry I use unzip rather than extract (OLD HABIT)

EARLR 10 Nov 12

Sorry; I say unzip rather than extract (Very Old Habit)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message