How do I fully remove a programme

geewis357 20:29 04 Sep 05

I have been trying to install Nokia pc suite version 6.6, as per instruction I removed the previous version using add and remove progs. The problem is that when I try to install it I get the message that installation canot continue due to a previous version being present. I have ran a reg scrub to take care of any entries that may have remained but still the same result. Can anybody please help?
Ps. using XP Pro on a P4 laptop

mattyc_92 20:31 04 Sep 05

Have you tried restarting your system?

geewis357 20:33 04 Sep 05

I have re started the system many times

Pooke 20:33 04 Sep 05

Do a file search and delete anything belonging to the previous nokia suite.

I find that even after you remove software some files still get left behind.

Try running ccleaner too. click here

Hope it helps

Technotiger 20:34 04 Sep 05

Also do a Search for Nokia pc Suite, then delete anything found in the Search results window.

mattyc_92 20:34 04 Sep 05

Try reinstalling it and restart your system. Then try to remove it using the "Add or Remove Programs" option from the Control Panel. Then restart and see if that worked.

Technotiger 20:34 04 Sep 05

Must learn to type quicker. :-))

Pooke 20:35 04 Sep 05

and that's rare for me!

Try re installing the old version and then do the uninstall again? Maybe it failed the first time round.

Pooke 20:36 04 Sep 05

Everyone all rushed at once there.

I love this site.....

geewis357 20:40 04 Sep 05

I can't re install the prog again as I no longer have the disk, I have also deleted everything I surched for assocaited with nokia then ran reg mechanic to take care of any reg entries all this removed a load of stuff but the prob is still there.

Technotiger 20:50 04 Sep 05

If you go to click here you should be able to download the latest PC Suite. It is free to join the Nokia club. You could then get direct help from Nokia.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…