how do I format my hard drive?

techy gal 19:51 13 Nov 05

Sorry - I've been having a real nightmare setting up my new hard drive and now I think I've got a virus that nothing will find and I am completely unable to access the internet, it take ages to boot up and nothing works.
so nothing else for it, but can't remember how to get into dos and what the command is

please help!

Skills 19:57 13 Nov 05

What operating system are you using and once you get to DOS the command is format c: then press enter.

If you are using XP thou put the XP cd in the tray make sure the BIOS is set to boot from cd first and then you can format from the setup.

Taff™ 19:59 13 Nov 05

I think you`d better give us a bit more information before you go any further! Have you got recovery discs or a full Operating System disc to reinstall? Which OS is it and what were you trying to do?

techy gal 20:00 13 Nov 05

sorry - using XP
i have tried the cd and it boots but then offers me choice of install or repair - tried repair but got stuck.
where does it tell you to format?

VoG II 20:00 13 Nov 05

Format during XP install click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…