How do I format my c: drive

bahati0ne 16:54 08 Feb 03

I need to format my hard drive. Do I need to rebot using a boot up disc in a: drive?
Will my system allow me to use the CD player to reinstall windows 98 me?
A to Z instructions would be most helpful please.

woodchip 16:56 08 Feb 03

Have you 98 or ME installed.

Belatucadrus 17:02 08 Feb 03

For A-Z instructions on reformating here is a direct link to an acrobat document download click here. You will of course need acrobat reader to read it.

AndySD 17:07 08 Feb 03
  woodchip 17:09 08 Feb 03

Get a boot disc from hear, start with disc type format C: press enter click here

scooby43 17:14 08 Feb 03

HI bahati0ne

using a windows boot up disk, you can then format your drive by selecting one of the various options via the boot up disk at the command prompt type format c:

it will ask are you sure you you wish to proceed with the format either Y = Yes or N = No

this will then start the format process.

coordinator 17:15 08 Feb 03

There are two ways you can do this.
1. If you have a FULL copy (not upgrade) of Windows 98, put it in the CD drive and reboot the PC. You may have to change to BIOS settings to boot from the CD.
2. Make sure you have a boot disk. To do this - go to Windows Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Startup Disk and follow the instructions there.
Go to the \windows\command folder and copy the file "format.exe" to the floppy disk.
Leave the disk in the drive and reboot. Again you may have to change the BIOS settings.

Either way should give you a number of options including Boot with CD support - use this and default CD drivers are installed so you can use the CD drive. (The Windows CD will also let you install Windows at that stage)
You can also boot into DOS where you would type a:\format c:/s
This will format drive C and copy the system (startup) files to it.
All you need do then is start installing all your software.
If you have any problems, let me know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…