How do I format hard drive

blue_cafe 19:19 25 Sep 03

Your help please........ I want to re-install XP Home but prefare not to load it 'on top' of the existing one, I want to format the hard drive but have never done it before, from restart and F8 the chooses are 'safe mode' 'safe mode with networking' and 'safe mode with command prompt'... which do I use to enter the Bios and can anyone point me in the direction of a site that explains how to format your hard drive before I re-install XP..... Your help pls!...thanks....neil.

holly polly 19:22 25 Sep 03

click here
try this hol pol....

Mr Tinkles II 19:41 25 Sep 03

another way if you have access to one is to use a win 98 boot disk and use the fdisk command

blue_cafe 19:42 25 Sep 03

thanks chuck......neil

holly polly 19:44 25 Sep 03

ps this isn't reall y necessary as you are using xp-during boot up hit del to enter bios select your cd drive as first boot device ,pop in your xp disc exit and restart and then follow instructions on screen this will enable you to format and reinstall windows ,hope this has been of help ,regards -hol pol ...

blue_cafe 19:48 25 Sep 03

kept ur description, try it over the weekend....many thanks....neil.

Spark6 21:27 25 Sep 03

How do I stop the pop ups on your link?

blue_cafe 22:26 25 Sep 03

All ur help is appreciated....neil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…