How Do I Format A DVD-RW?

ratgirl 16:39 09 Nov 06

I have videos filled with recordings of Christmas etc over the years that I now want to put onto DVD. I have the DVD player/rewriter and the video and everything set up, but I have to format the DVD first. How do I format a DVD-RW disc? Thanks in advance

Bogbrain 16:45 09 Nov 06

As long as your software for the dvd rw drive is installed your software should instruct you on how to format a dvd disk

James. 16:46 09 Nov 06

Usually with a third party piece of software, ie Roxio or Nero. Do you have either installed, or perhaps another burning utility.

jimv7 16:46 09 Nov 06

Your better off using a dvd+ or - R disk which ever your dvd writer supports rather than a dvd rw,

ratgirl 16:51 09 Nov 06

They are mini DVD-RW. Does this make a difference? Coz Roxio doesn't seem to be recognising that there is a disc in the drive

johndrew 16:53 09 Nov 06

If you have Nero, start it, select DVD at the top center and then click on `Format/Prepare a Rewritable DVD` follow any instructions.

If you don`t have Nero (usually comes with DVD-RW) then what software have you or are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…