how do i flash my bios?

dfghjkl 20:35 15 Oct 03

hello chaps i am back on line after loads of trouble,pc crashing in bios etc,i know how to download new file to a floppy(matsonic 8308e mobo)i need an idiots guide to doing this task i know all the dangers and that i could end up throwing mobo in the bin,bit i feel that i am confident enough to do so(flash the bios that is,not throw it in the bin)so like i say I AM AN IDIOT so any help or sites that will make it easier would be good,thanks (amd 1400, 1.05GHz,xp pro,mx 440,288 ram(256&32)matsonic 8308e mobo,sis chipset,dvd rom,cdrw drive,floppy)

oddbod 20:49 15 Oct 03

hi having just had to flash my bios i found all the info and a detailed walkthrough on my motherboard manufacturers site

woodchip 20:57 15 Oct 03

You should go to the MOBO Man site, and read the instructions on the flash utility on how to use. IF you have the utility and the bios update you first put a clean floppy disc in comp, right click and choose format it will then give the option to just copy system files click on it and it will create a bootable floppy disc. Extract the Utility file and put the contents on the floppy disc along with the bios update bin file. There should be a readme file hopefully in the utility download on how to use, but when you use it in DOS, the Bios update file is case sensitive, also make a backup when you flash the bios of the old bios that you are removing, just in case the one you load does not work as expected. You can then reflash with old bios

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…