How do I flash the bios

Madrat 17:08 08 Nov 04

Have just built new PC with PC Chips M863G Motherboard and Sempron 2200 CPU. However on the post screen The CPU shoes as Athlon 1800 as I was told it would.

I have downloaded new bios and flash utility from PC Chips web site on to floppy But what do I do now I have never done this befor so realy need some help

Thanks

Ian.

Rayuk 17:20 08 Nov 04

Go back to PCChips website should be instructions there for you to follow

Rayuk 17:23 08 Nov 04

click here(V1.5A)&MenuID=43&LanID=0
Hope this link works

Madrat 17:24 08 Nov 04

Have tryed that but when i clik on instructions it returns me to same page

Madrat 17:26 08 Nov 04

Rayuk

Have tryed the link but just comes up as page can not be desplayed

Rayuk 17:27 08 Nov 04

Do you have a pop up stopper working if so trun it off while you click on the How to Flash Bios link.

Madrat 17:32 08 Nov 04

I have turned off pop up blocker and fire wall and anti virus still nothing

dan 11 17:48 08 Nov 04

"Have tryed that but when i clik on instructions it returns me to same page"

"
Have tryed the link but just comes up as page can not be desplayed"

Yes it does, even right clicking the shortcut and selecting open in a new window brings the same result.

woodchip 18:02 08 Nov 04

You download the Flash Utility and the File that you are going to use to flash the BIOS. Then put a clean floppy disc in the drive and double click the flash Utility download to create a boot floppy disc it will extract the files plus the Flash Utility on the floppy disc, you then copy the Flash File to the Floppy that you just made check the Floppy in Explorer the Flash Utility is the .EXE file write down both the Utility Name and the Flash File Case sensitive, Then start the computer with the Floppy disc and at A:\> type the flash Utility name and press enter a program will start, you have to put the name of the Flash File in the box Case Sensitive, Also I recommend you remember each key stroke that you use to do the above just in case it all goes wrong as THEY DO JUST THAT sometimes, and the above can get you out of it if you finish up with a blank screen. I also recommend you backup the BIOS file that you are removing to the Floppy disc input your own name for the backup file keep in lower case so it's easier if it goes wrong.

Hope that is of some Help.

Print this off and follow it

Rayuk 18:07 08 Nov 04

Wouldnt advise turning off firewall or anti virus.
What os are you running?

Madrat 18:10 08 Nov 04

dan 11 about to give it a go

rayuk xp pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…