how do I fix online backup - over quota

kathythorpek 12:31 15 Mar 14

Hi I have Mcafee for my internet security. When I turn on my laptop and go online I get a message saying "your account is over its size limit (account error 3) " How do I purge files to resolve issue? I do not depend on backup my laptop is personal. I only want pics and videos to remain but they take up the most space. Confused in R.I. USA

lotvic 19:18 15 Mar 14

Read the advice on ClickHere

You need to login to your online McAfee account login.backup.mcafee.com

wee eddie 20:55 15 Mar 14

I am sure that you can buy more space if necessary. My experience is that the amount of space on offer is only sufficient for a very small part of what one has and an external hard drive is the answer for photos and videos

wee eddie 04:35 16 Mar 14

Sorry about the slightly negative initial response.

These free, Cloud Based, Storage Accounts are usually about 2GB and are ideal for storing ones Address Book and this years Accounts, but hopeless for Photo Albums which can very quickly run to 100's of GBs, which is why I commented about an external Hard Drive.

I have my Outlook.pst file to automatically backup to Mozy every day.

mole1944 06:14 16 Mar 14

Like wee eddie i'm not a fan of cloud storage i use a nas drive,and do a clone copy onto seperate drives stored outside the house. I have been warning people since the cloud storage started of the dangers,if your supplier goes bust where is your data,also as it's become common knowledge who else can and does see your data, NSA/GCHQ et al.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now