How do I find Wireless Network Connection Manager

Damarc 12:15 05 Dec 08

I've got this far with setting up with Sky and am up and running on the main computer. now I want to go wireless with my laptop. But according to Sky's booklet I have to find the wireless icon. I have a Dell laptop and there is a switch at the side to turn wireless on/off. When I turn it on, a wireless icon briefly appears on the screen at the bottom and I then have the availability to connect to networks. However there is no WNCM in that particular dialogue box. Sky then says to try desktop [not there], and control panel. In Network connections in control panel I still can't find WNCM anywhere to put in ssid number and network key. Where in Vista do I find this? There is a Dell Wireless WLAN utility card but that give me Link status with nothing I can change, Site monitor - which gives me close wireless connection addresses, diagnostics and information, which again I can't change anything. So how do I find the bit to put the WPA security protocol and the id number?

cream. 14:14 05 Dec 08

control panel > network and sharing centre > on the left hand side pick connect to a network. It should see the router and connect. You will then be asked for the wpa key.

Or right click the wireless icon and connect to a network. Pick your routers name ( ssid ) and then put in the key.

Damarc 16:27 05 Dec 08

thank you. I'm now typing wireless!

cream. 22:05 05 Dec 08

Good.:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…