How do I find and remove "Zone Labs IMsecure"

Dannyb 22:52 28 Feb 07

I had Zone Alarm Pro installed on my PC and have uninstalled it. I am trying to install an anti virus programme but it tells me I have Zone Labs IMsecure installed which is incompatible. I cannot find that programme listed as a programme to uninstall when I go to Add/Remove Programmes. Can anybody help me to find and remove traces of this programme. Thanks. I have Windows XP installed.

anskyber 23:04 28 Feb 07

It may be you will need to reinstall the ZA program you uninstalled.

The ZA site says that you will not be able to uninstall all the elements of the program if you have used the add/remove programs route.

The answer is to go to start/allprograms/select the program and its uninstaller from there.

Dannyb 23:33 28 Feb 07

I have tried that and even tried installing IMsecure on it's own and then uninstalling it using the uninstall on the programme, but still I am told by the Anti-virus programme that I need to uninstall it.

anskyber 23:36 28 Feb 07

It's possible there are remnants which something like this will dispose of for you, it's free and recommended by many here. click here

Dannyb 09:30 02 Mar 07

Result! I re-installed IMsecure and then closed down both Yahoo messenger and Skype, which I had running. I then went to "All Programmes" in my start menu, "IMsecure" "Uninstall" and then I had a clean uninstall and was able to then install my new anti-virus. I had tried earlier, but with the IM programmes running, I think that was the problem.
Thanks anskyber for you help with this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5