How do I find Program Data Folders in XP?

Resolution 17:46 06 Jun 08

In my version of XP, if you go into Explorer, you can see Program File Folders (ie the software) but not the Program Data folders (ie the data). How can I access these folders to move data in and out of specific data files?

Diemmess 17:52 06 Jun 08

If you haven't specified a folder to collect all data like doc, jpg, or music files when you first save them, the data will probably be stored by default in My Documents or My Music and so on.

Resolution 18:15 06 Jun 08

Thanks, but would there not be an exisitng set of Program data folders? I can't find the folders containing any of the data files I have stored. Resolution

brundle 18:53 06 Jun 08

What programs? There are a number of places programs store their data, and wide variety of different formats that data is stored in. As Diemmess suggested, you need to be more precise.

brundle 19:13 06 Jun 08

Assuming you're not referring to the ProgramData folder in Vista, the closest equivalent in XP is C:\Documents and Settings\<your account name>\Application Data\*

Resolution 10:37 09 Jun 08

Many thanks, Brundle. Now I have the answer I can see why my question was stupid: I had been looking for folders analogous to the Program Data Folder in Vista. FOund what I was looking for.
Thanks to you and Diemmess for your help
Resolution

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…