AubreyS 20:20 11 Feb 04

This will tell you all you need to know. click here

K.H 20:20 11 Feb 04

Thanks

Taking a look now...

Regards

K.H

K.H 20:30 11 Feb 04

OK, thanks that worked, however i now do not have a clue what the website of the manufacturer of my mobo is - GVC MR825 D01, thats what the Belarc program tells me it is.

Does any one know?

GVC MR825 D01

Regards

K.H

AubreyS 20:34 11 Feb 04

Its amazing what a quick search in Google reveals....

click here

AubreyS 20:35 11 Feb 04

And the webiste is...

click here

K.H 20:37 11 Feb 04

You are one helpful guy.. Thanks!

Checking them both out now

Regards

K.H

K.H 21:00 11 Feb 04

I am wanting to upgrade my CPU from an 'Intel Celeron 1.1GHz' to an 'Intel Celeron 2.4GHz'.

With the motherboard earlier on in the thread, do you think this upgrade is possible?

Regards

K.H

AubreyS 21:17 11 Feb 04

Thanks for the nice comment. I didn't do anything that anyone else couldn't do. Like I said earlier, It's amazing what you can find out just by putting the info into Google. It may be easier and cheaper by upgrading your motherboard and processor. Maplins sometimes do offers on both as a bundle. Good luck.

K.H 22:17 12 Feb 04

Ah, right thanks for that info.

Ill have a scout now.

Regards

K.H

DieSse 22:37 12 Feb 04

Just to make it clear (though AubreyS hinted at it) - it isn't possible to upgrade just your processor. P4s are totally different beasts to your PIII-type Celeron.

Not only a different motherboard, but you will also want different RAM (to take advantage of the extra speed) - and probably need a larger PSU also.

Also note that there are two types of P4 from 2.4GHz and upwards - the older type with a 533MHx bus, and the newer "C" type with an 800MHz bus and Hyperthreading. The newer type also requires a suitable motherboard to support the improved features.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…