How do I find out the make of my cards

pj1664 18:19 04 Mar 03

I initially had mindowa me and I recently had a mishap and had to reinstall windows 98 because my ME cd was damage so I was not able install windows ME. My problem is windows recognises my cards being there but I have no drivers for them. I have open up my pc but some of these deviceces are attach to my motherboard and I dont even know the make and model of my motherboard. Is there a software out there that I can download which would give me the information I require i.e make and model of my devices so that I can download the relevent drivers. These are pci multimedia audio device,pci multimedia device,pci multimedia vedio device and pci ethernet controller. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Djohn 18:23 04 Mar 03

click here will give you all the info you need.

Installer. 18:45 04 Mar 03

Aida does a similar job click here and is multi lingual.

powerless 18:46 04 Mar 03

Its nice to know the word is spreading ;-)

Djohn 10:11 07 Mar 03

Received Via e-mail, this mornig.

Thank you for taking the time to read my problem and trying to help me out. I manage to get somewhere but my sound is still not working. I still keep geting a yellow esclamation mark on my device manager tab under the "other device" heading the following pci ethernet controller,multimedia audio device,multimedia device and multimedia video device. I also have a TV card which I dont think is working either. I have tried changing my IRQ but it dosent allow me to do it because there is no conflict. Appreciate if you could help me out. Once again Thank you for your help.

jeet, No problem at all with contacting me direct, but if you keep you replys to this thread, then many people will see it and be able to offer help. Regards. J.

pj1664 15:37 26 Aug 03

Hi everyone, can someone please advice me what I am doing wrong, recently I had to reinstall windows and now I can't seem to play any dvd's in my dvd rom. I have downloaded the latest driver from my dvd menufecturer and windows keep telling me that the best driver is alrady install for this device.I used winDVD player but all I keep getting is static scramble picture and windows freezes up and the only way for me to start all over again is to re-boot the system (which I am not to keen on doing).I have recently purchased a new dvd media player and the problem remains. Please advice. Thank you.

Smiler 18:14 26 Aug 03

I think you would be better starting a fresh thread with a new title as you have ticked this thread as resolved. Folks may ignore this thread because of that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…