How do I find my firewall??

karatekid20297 20:20 10 Jan 07

Hi there
Sorry for sounding so stupid, but how do I find a firewall on my computer? I have windows 98 and have the free avg installed. I am trying to download music videos etc from 360 share and it keeps saying that a firewall is installed and therefore prohibiting it from connecting...
Any ideas..
Many Thanks
T

Belatucadrus 20:38 10 Jan 07

With W98 it'll have to be third party firewall so you could try Active security monitor click here& I think amongst other things it can identify a firewall as well as giving your PC security settings the once over.

karatekid20297 20:45 10 Jan 07

Thanks, but that only works for winodws Xp and above.
T

Belatucadrus 21:07 10 Jan 07

click here Belarc advisor is W98 compatible, but more generalised in the areas it covers.

Totally-braindead 22:11 10 Jan 07

Further to Belatucadrus post it will be listed under software.

hi, i have some problems with games updates detecting a firewall, it appears theres a hardware one in my router, bt home hub, i have to live with this as i have no idea how to configure it! i still get updates, just a little slower, so your problem may be the router

SLAYER 19:43 12 Jan 07

This might help you with your problem.

click here

Scroll down to How do I access the BT Home Hub Manager so I can make changes to my settings?

didnt think i could do it without reloading all the bt yahoo junk! thanks again

STREETWORK 20:35 12 Jan 07

How are you connecting, router, modem??

It could be the firewall built in...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…