How Do I Fax A JPEG Image

Clonetrooper 15:49 31 Jul 03

Using XP with Windows XP Fax utility installed.

Djohn 15:57 31 Jul 03

Not sure on this as I have yet to try with XP, but with my Modem, Data/voice/fax, I open the image in word, then copy/paste the image into Fax page and send. j.

Clonetrooper 16:19 31 Jul 03

Got the method now. But keep getting NO DIAL TONE Message.
Am on line.

?? Something wrong with Fax Configuration set up. The modem that came up (Aztech CNR V92) is not the one I use, but my modem (Alcatel USB) is not in the drop down list???????

-pops- 16:20 31 Jul 03

In my setup the fax option comes up in Printers. Try CTRL + P and you should bring up all printers. Select the Fax option and you should be able to continue from there as per usual.

-pops- 16:21 31 Jul 03

Are you trying to fax on broadband?

Sorry, not possible

Clonetrooper 16:22 31 Jul 03

POPS,

Am I correct CANNOT FAX ON BROADBAND??

Stuartli 16:30 31 Jul 03

Is there a Send To facility?

If so, right click and select Mail Recipient; the file should be attached to an e-mail Compose panel.

jakedawe 16:34 31 Jul 03

If you are using Broadband, no it will not work.

Djohn 16:38 31 Jul 03

If you are on dial-up 56k modem you will need to come offline from your ISP, so that Fax program can dial the number, that's why you are getting the "No dial tone" j.

Clonetrooper 16:49 31 Jul 03

OK

I am on broadband so won't work.

Thanks all.

Djohn 16:58 31 Jul 03

If you still have your dial-up modem in PC, why will it not work? you can make a phone call why you are on B/B so why not send a Fax? Only asking because I'm unsure about this myself. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…