How do I enable people to find my web?

caroldimon 10:32 AM 19 May 13

My web site has been released but people can only access it by clicking on the actual link to it. My web creator has tagged it etc and his own are fine but not mine.

Forum Editor 19:05 PM 19 May 13

I assume that you mean your website has been uploaded to the server.

Provided the site is correctly designed and configured it will be indexed by Google in due course, and will appear in search results.

Nobody is going to find the site until then, unless they stumble upon it by accident. You can however send a link to the site to people you know.

caroldimon 19:29 PM 19 May 13

So far it has been 6 months--- should it take this long? Thanks

Forum Editor 00:23 AM 20 May 13

No, it shouldn't.

The only way we can offer suggestions is by looking at your site. Post a link, and we'll take it from there.

pl1700 23:41 PM 31 May 13

yes, a link would be helpful. This could be for any number of reasons... What platform is it on?

steve_mendi 04:32 AM 16 Jun 13

Well... there many reason for this issue. I suspect the social web links not pointed to your website. or still you dint submit any links to directories. or still Google not yet crawled your site and indexed to their servers.

why its Google not crawled?

may be robots.txt file not allowing Google to crawl your whole site. check your Robots.txt file and allow needed links to crawl Google.

GWV IT Consultant

steve_mendi 04:35 AM 16 Jun 13

Well... there many reason for this issue. I suspect the social web links not pointed to your website. or still you dint submit any links to directories. or still Google not yet crawled your site and indexed to their servers.

why its Google not crawled?

may be robots.txt file not allowing Google to crawl your whole site. check your Robots.txt file and allow needed links to crawl Google.

GWV IT Consultant

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites