how do I enable my usb ports?

scorzena 13:37 31 Jan 03

I've got a venerable ast computer which came with a couple of usb ports which used to work until I had a fairly bad crash some months ago. I think I need to enable them. However, the computer manual doesn't mention usb ports and I've just looked at and ast doesn't seem to exist any more. I've typed "usb enable ast" into google without much joy. Any advice on where to proceed from here would be gratefully received (bearing in mind that I'm basically clueless).

xoc 14:00 31 Jan 03

Try this.
Start-press F1 at prompt to do so shortly after start.This eventually brings you into a blue "set-up" screen with Main -Advanced- across top.
Use right arrow to go to Advanced.
Highlight Peripheral configuration-press enter.
Look down next screen to find "USB interface"
click on it andchoose "Enabled"
Press F10 to exit saving changes.
Re start, andwhen up andrunning ,go to start-settings-control panel-system-device manager.Scroll down to last setting which should be "USP controllers" click + to leftof this and it should open out to show your USP ports.
Take it from there and all the best.

scorzena 16:41 31 Jan 03

It's sorted & my new photos downloaded - xoc I owe you a pint.
Tx Scorzena

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…