How do I enable encryption on a wireless network?

ivesy 20:22 05 Jun 05

Today I bought a Buffalo G54 Modem/Router and USB Key so I can get my girlfirends wireless laptop to connect to the internet via my desktop PC. I managed to get it all up and running but I would like to enable encrytion but I'm not sure how to do this! I've tried using Windows help and according to this there should be a Security Tab in network connections>wireless network connections but neither the desktop or laptop have it! any ideas? also is there anything else I can do tyo make this setup anymore secure? I'd appreciate any help.

lozparry 22:46 05 Jun 05

The wireless connection, do you have a vendor application running, this overrides the windows one? If you have within the set up box you will find the necessary info.
You will need to set up the same password/key on the router so they communicate. This will be in you router setup page, hopefully.

Taff36 15:49 06 Jun 05

click here posted in the helproom forum - thought I was seeing double!

Ivesy - click the helproom forum as resolved and keep this thread going so we`re all in the same place.

lozparry is right. If the Buffalo application has superceded the windows one you will have to find the settings in that. Look in start programs or they have probably installed a connection icon in the lower right taskbar that shows the current connection status. Double click it and see what it says. Note my post from this morning first though.

Taff36 02:05 12 Jun 05

Any progress on this one ivesy? Sorry couldn`t sleep.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…