How do I enable AVG antivirus app disabled

radaratc 16:31 PM 28 Sep 12
Answered

I downloaded and installed the AVG antivirus free for Android on my impression i10 Android Tablet. The app is compatable with my tablet. It shows that it was installed and I have an ICON on my tablet, but when I try to open it, I get "This App has been disabled." I have reinstalled it but still get the same problem.

chub_tor 17:13 PM 28 Sep 12
Answer

Does it need enabling in the Android settings? What version of Android are you using?

radaratc 19:38 PM 28 Sep 12

I am using android version 2.3.1. As for the question "does it need enabling in android settings." I do not see anyplace to enable the app. When I go to Setting, Applications, Manage applications and click on Android Antivirus, in the settings screen, I get Android Antivrus version 0.63.13382.83743. Here I can uninstall and under Data, I get Clear Data and Move to SD card or Move to tablet. I have tried Move to SD card and Move to tablet. Either way, I get "This App has been unintalled."

northumbria61 19:49 PM 28 Sep 12

Take a look here - you should be able to find a solution enter link description here

radaratc 21:25 PM 28 Sep 12

I am using android version 2.3.1. As for the question "does it need enabling in android settings." I do not see anyplace to enable the app. When I go to Setting, Applications, Manage applications and click on Android Antivirus, in the settings screen, I get Android Antivrus version 0.63.13382.83743. Here I can uninstall and under Data, I get Clear Data and Move to SD card or Move to tablet. I have tried Move to SD card and Move to tablet. Either way, I get "This App has been unintalled."

chub_tor 11:48 AM 29 Sep 12

So you have two messages, one when you click on the app and it says it is disabled and one when you go to Settings and it says it has been uninstalled? Have you tried uninstalling the app and then re-downloading it? In the AVG FAQ it talks about AVG version 2.12 yet yours says 0.63... I guess I don't understand that either.

radaratc 16:04 PM 03 Oct 12

Problem solved. The version 0.63 that I downloaded and installed said it was compbtable but it was not. I went to a different site and downloaded and installed version 2.12.2. It now works fine.....Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…