How do I enable an account in Outlook 2003, please!!!

Housten 15:30 11 May 15

Good Afternoon, Gentlemen,

I have an extremely annoying problem, with Outlook. A friend told me that some how a tick in a box which enabled me to download my emails into Outlook from my internet provider [ PlusNet ] must have become un-ticked.

He did not know where it is in my version because I have 'Microsoft Office Professional 2003'. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me where this box is and - just as importantly - how to get to it. The last few weeks have been very frustrating because I do not know how it became un-ticked, with the result that when the 'send/receive' button is pressed in the bottom right hand corner of the screen it now says 'Send/Receive Complete' and my computer has downloaded NOTHING. I must admit I probably did not notice for a couple of weeks because I do not download every week but it is now beginning to irritate me considerably.

So, if someone can help me, I will be very grateful.

Many thanks in advance.

onthelimit1 15:40 11 May 15

Don't know of any simple box to tick. I'd suggest in Outlook click Tools, Account Settings clcik your account if it there then Remove. Set up the account again following this Plusnet guide for Outlook 2003.

lotvic 18:27 11 May 15

I suggest you login online to your webmail, and see if there actually are any emails to download.

Or maybe send yourself a test email, then wait 10 mins and collect it with the receive button.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5