how do i edit scanned doc

henry2 16:39 09 Sep 08

HiGuys,
I just scanned a document and i want to edit it(erase some letters and type manually and print out).Can you show me how to do this?Which program to use?
Thanks very much...

woodchip 16:43 09 Sep 08

You run them through OCR (Optical Character Recognition) Software. AS a Scanned Image even Text is seen as a Photo

Technotiger 16:44 09 Sep 08

Most scanners come with an OCR Program, which is what you need.

click here

cocteau48 16:45 09 Sep 08

A scanned document effectively becomes the same as an image file and cannot be edited as you would any normal word document.
Any editing is restricted to the constraints of picture/photo editing software.

alB 16:46 09 Sep 08

You need to scan your document with an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) programme, and export it to Microsoft Word or similar for editing, some scanners come bundled with OCR software ...alB

woodchip 16:46 09 Sep 08

Some Free OCR click here Scroll down

BT 16:48 09 Sep 08

Did you not get some OCR software with your scanner? If so this is the easiest way as it produced an editable document.
Otherwise, assuming its saved as a picture file i.e. jpg, bitmap or similar, just load it into a photo editing program, such as Photoshop,Elements or if you don't have these a free one such as Paint.Net click here and use the clone tool to copy background over the bits you wish to erase.

Technotiger 16:49 09 Sep 08

If you have Microsoft Office , in Microsoft Office Tools, Document Imaging also allows editing of imported scanned items.

scantronics 18:52 07 Oct 09

I run a small company and we have OCR software happy to do it for you free of charge

find us on click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:43 07 Oct 09

If you have MS office use the Microsoft Office Document Scanning this produces a .tiff file which has built in OCR you can then just copy and paste to word and edit as you wish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5