How do I edit my movies?

paul654 14:17 26 Feb 05

I am a total newbie to home movie editing so please try not to be too technical.
I am converting all my old VHS family movies to DVD using my new Pioneer DVR420 dvd recorder.
I am burning them onto -RW discs, transfering them onto my PC for editing, then hopefully burning them onto -R discs. My problem is that my DVD recorder is burning them as 'VOB' or 'VRO' files and the 3 Video editors that I have on my PC wont recognise these files !!! What do I do? How do I convert them into files that any of my editors will work with? (I have Pinnacle 8, DVDXMaker and Videowave 5).Getting very flustered so any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks

AubreyS 14:27 26 Feb 05

Maybe something here may be of use. click here Or just go to Google and look for Video editing software.

MichelleC 15:34 26 Feb 05

My Videowave 5 makes a good coaster. TMPGEnc click here will convert most things. This is the best place to learn dvd/cd click here

Completealias 16:58 26 Feb 05

click here if you look in the download section there are programs listed with the capability of editing VOB files there are also many progs for converting, ripping and shrinking

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…