how do i download my emails to more than 1 pc

nick&oliviasdad 13:03 18 Mar 09

I am using windows vista/windows mail and need to know how i can download my emails to more than 1 pc. The main pc is connected via cable to wireless router. this receives the incoming mail no problem and checks every 60 seconds. when i add the pop 3 settings to the second pc this receives the emails but the main pc does not.I am hoping there is a solution to this problem. perhaps a network sharing issue? Thanks in advance. Dave

mgmcc 13:46 18 Mar 09

In the email settings, if you enable the option to "leave messages on the server", they will remain available to download with additional computers. However, you shouldn't leave them on the server indefinitely, otherwise mail retrieval will take progressively longer as the program has to check all messages to see which ones are "new".

Alternatively, if your mail provider supports it, use IMAP instead of POP3. You can then have your emails, both sent and received, available in all computers.

nick&oliviasdad 13:53 18 Mar 09

i have set that up in the advanced settings to leave on server for 5 days just to test. so if i now create the same account settings on the 2nd pc the emails should appear on that machine as well? will let you know. much obliged

nick&oliviasdad 14:00 18 Mar 09

not worked. 2nd machine over ridden main pc and received the emails?

mgmcc 23:54 18 Mar 09

You will need to set *BOTH* computers to leave messages on the server otherwise, if the second computer isn't set to leave them and retrieves them first, it will delete them from the POP3 server.

emily3543 06:38 19 Mar 09

whenever you configure any account check this option "leave messages on the server". With the help of this option you can get all mail in more than one account.

nick&oliviasdad 09:38 19 Mar 09

mgmcc & emily3543. All i can say is a MASSIVE THANKS!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…