how do I do this on internet explorer?

laptopdunce 16:12 PM 08 Oct 12

I have the lastest versin of IE on my windows Vista laptop, I tnink it is version 9, but since installing this I have lost the top bar with all the little icons for my most visited websites, (ebay, PCadvisor etc, hotmail, etc.,) which I could add from the Yahoo homepage's custom aps thing, I only have a small narrow top bar now with no icons on for opening my favourite websites/email servers, how can I get these back, I have been into the tools on the top of the page and made the internet options use yahoo as the default home page but I cant find a way to add the little icons I used to have on the old style toolbar at the top, is it possible to get this old style toolbar back?? or how do I add a "tool bar" and add little icons for various websites/links? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE (I posted this under windows Vista section but I think that was the wrong forum to post this question in??)

chub_tor 16:17 PM 08 Oct 12

Right click on the narrow bar and see if you have Menu Bar, Favourites bar, Command Bar and Status bar all ticked.

laptopdunce 18:23 PM 08 Oct 12

Hi, thanks for that, yes its worked and I have been able to add the various favourites like ebay and youtube with the little yellow star on the far left when I type in the URL of each favourite link I want to add. seems to be working fine now thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch EA Gamescom 2015 Press Conference live: EA Gamescom live stream - watch EA talk Star…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Play the retro 8-bit dating naked adventure game by The Uprising Creative

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…