how do I do this on internet explorer?

laptopdunce 16:12 PM 08 Oct 12

I have the lastest versin of IE on my windows Vista laptop, I tnink it is version 9, but since installing this I have lost the top bar with all the little icons for my most visited websites, (ebay, PCadvisor etc, hotmail, etc.,) which I could add from the Yahoo homepage's custom aps thing, I only have a small narrow top bar now with no icons on for opening my favourite websites/email servers, how can I get these back, I have been into the tools on the top of the page and made the internet options use yahoo as the default home page but I cant find a way to add the little icons I used to have on the old style toolbar at the top, is it possible to get this old style toolbar back?? or how do I add a "tool bar" and add little icons for various websites/links? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE (I posted this under windows Vista section but I think that was the wrong forum to post this question in??)

chub_tor 16:17 PM 08 Oct 12

Right click on the narrow bar and see if you have Menu Bar, Favourites bar, Command Bar and Status bar all ticked.

laptopdunce 18:23 PM 08 Oct 12

Hi, thanks for that, yes its worked and I have been able to add the various favourites like ebay and youtube with the little yellow star on the far left when I type in the URL of each favourite link I want to add. seems to be working fine now thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites