How do i do DVD to DVD copying

SWEENEY TOD 19 Jan 13

I want to reproduce a DVD that i have had made from my old Cine films. I have a lap top and external HP CD/DVD RW Multi recorder. I would also like to save a copy on my external Hardrive so that i always have back up.

mgmcc 19 Jan 13

1) Copy the contents of the existing DVD to a folder in your PC.

2) Copy that folder to your external hard drive for your backup.

3) Burn the contents of the newly created folder in the PC to a second DVD to create a copy of the original.

SWEENEY TOD 19 Jan 13

Ok thanks mgmcc, i will try that.

Terry Brown 19 Jan 13

You may need 3rd party software to copy the DVD to your harddrive, if so I suggest using CD Toolbox (Free Program). This will copy the entire contents of most CD/DVD 's to your harddrive for editing /copying.

If you have window 7 or 8, you should be able to do a direct copy from the original DVD to the new one, otherwise you will need 3rd party software.

Terry

CD toolbox

SWEENEY TOD 19 Jan 13

Yes mgmcc, it worked thank you.

woodchip 19 Jan 13

If you have NERO just put the disc in the drive click copy it will copy to the hard drive then open DVD drive so you can remove disc and install a blank dvd to burn

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message