How do I do a desktop shortcut

Damarc 14:15 22 Nov 08

direct to Googlemail on Firefox please? I know about adding shortcuts to desktop but it always sets up for going through IE rather than firefox.

glen2409 14:21 22 Nov 08

Right click and Send To and then select Desktop

DippyGirl 14:33 22 Nov 08

Feature I like in FF is the Bookmark Tool Bar
View > Toolbars then tick it
This toolbar then sits below the main FF toolbar
You can then drag often visited sites onto the Bookmarks Toolbar and a little icon appears for that site - so saves going through Bookmarks,
Sorry if you are already aware

Eric10 14:34 22 Nov 08

Right-click on the desktop and choose New, Shortcut. After you've browsed to the firefox program and it is entered in the 'Type the location of the item' box just leave a space then add click here to the end of the line. Complete the shortcut wizard and you've got it. This will now open in firefox instead of IE.

MAJ 14:34 22 Nov 08
  Eric10 14:36 22 Nov 08

The click here above was actually the url you should type in 'http: // www. google. co. uk/' but without the spaces and quotes I have just had to add.

woodchip 14:40 22 Nov 08

If you can find the Executable file, exe you can right click drag to Desktop then choose Shortcut

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…