How do I disconnect from a dial connection in IE

Martin7 21:37 08 May 03

I have just upgraded to Windows XP from 98SE. I use a 56K modem to connect to the Internet. In Windows 98 a small icon apeared on the task bar showing two computers, clicking on it enabled you to disconnect the phone line without exciting Internet Explorer. Is there anything simular for Windows XP? At the moment I have to excite the program which then brings up the Auto dissconnect function.

Jomi 21:45 08 May 03

I use XP and still have the two little PCs icon in the system tray (bottom right hand side of screen).
XP hides some icons so check behind the little white pointer (also bottom right hand side) to see if your internet icon is hiding there.

Martin7 21:57 08 May 03

Thanks, they did appear once - but not any more and I have checked the hidden icons and they are not to be found.

MIke 22:06 08 May 03

right click taskbar select properties,taskbar tab,customize. you should see a list of icons, current and past, if you click on behaviour you chose whether to always show, hide whenb inactive etc.Hope this helps

VoG™ 22:19 08 May 03

Start, Control Panel, Network connections, Right click the one you are using, select Properties, General tab and tick "Show icon in notification area when connected" will bring back the two TVs.

Martin7 22:27 08 May 03

Many thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…