how do i disable the xp firewall

charlenem 20:46 08 Jan 03
  charlenem 20:46 08 Jan 03

i need to help disbling xp fire wall when i go to network connections i right click on the aol dial on demand feature and its supposed to get me on advanced tab wher i can get to the firewall but its not letting me do it.When i wnt on my friends pc in network connections she had aol dialup feature and something about lan high speed connection and i right clicked on that and i could get on it but i havent got one of them should i and how do i get it on?

Rayuk 20:57 08 Jan 03

In Help & Support
type in Disable Firewall in search then follow instructions

charlenem 21:06 08 Jan 03

i av done that but it wont let me do what it says i think it as something to do with the aol dial on demand feature and that lan thing or whatever it is.

brokepc 21:28 08 Jan 03

to disable the firewall in windows xp
1. click on start
2. click control panel /internet connections
4.then click network connection5. right click on the server you use to connect to the internet
5. select properties
6.choose advanced option and turn off the firewall by deselecting the tick in the box click o.k
hope this helps

charlenem 21:52 08 Jan 03

yes thats what i hace been doing but it wont let me right click on the server

Peter E 22:12 08 Jan 03

Don't right click, just click on the Settings button. Then Properties - Advanced - untick "Protect my computer..." box.

charlenem 22:36 08 Jan 03

no its not letting me do that either !!!!

Peter E 23:57 08 Jan 03

I'm still getting to grips with XP. I can get at the firewall settings on my machine in all the ways described above and I'm not with AOL so maybe it is to do with that. I'm sure someone will know the answer and help you sort it.

User-312386 00:07 09 Jan 03

go to start and click on help and support

me thinks you have not logged in as the administrator on the computer thus not allowing you access to this

Peter E 00:10 09 Jan 03

Here's a link to a previous posting about the firewall and AOL click here

I don't think it helps much, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…