How do I disable scandisk at startup using winXP ?

jay-uk 11:13 15 Apr 03

Over the past few days, scandisk has been starting every time I reboot my PC, and even if I leave it alone to complete, it still does it again upon next reboot. If anyone can tell me how to completely disable it I would be very greatfull, and may even start talking to my PC again ! !

Lú-tzé 11:30 15 Apr 03

MSConfig allows this to be disabled in earlier versions of windows but I am not sure with WinXP. Go to start_run and type in msconfig and see what is in the options there. It might help.

MAJ 12:06 15 Apr 03

You should be asking why scandisk is running at every bootup, jay-uk. It can be disabled, but there must be a reason for it to run. Is it shedueled in Task Manager? Is there a shutdown problem? Check out some of these suggestions, see do any apply to your system:

click here

click here

Also, if it's only started happening in the past few days, try a system restore to a date prior to the problem starting.

jay-uk 14:30 15 Apr 03

thanx to both of you, firstly in win xp there is no such option in msconfig. secondly, my PC shuts down normaly, and the registry is perfectly ok. finally I can't do as system restore because it is disabled.

jay-uk 11:35 16 Apr 03

Turns out that the value for time out at windows shut down was to low, this was stopping windows shutting down correctlly, even though I wasn't getting ant error messages. But thx 2 evry1 ! !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…