How do I disable DAP whilst 1 download takes place

TommyRed 22:44 05 Sep 03

Certain software doesn't like being downloaded by Download Accelerator Plus and certain sites have told me to disable it. I've never worked out how to do it, in fact last time this happened I uninstalled and re-installed it. So could someone tell me how to download something without DAP? TR

krypt1c 22:57 05 Sep 03

I think the only way to do it is to remove the intergration with your broser. If you launch DAP then select downloads > options/configurations it will open in the general tap. You can turn off browser intergration here.

Ironman556 23:47 05 Sep 03

The only way I found was to disable browser integration, then restart the browser (copy the web address then paste back in).

The newer versions may have an option to set a key eg. CTRL while you click the download link to disable DAP temporarily.

Actor One 00:11 06 Sep 03

In my experience DAP causes more problems than the miniscule time benefits it brings, for downloads of less than 12MB I`d ditch it all together.

jakedawe 00:21 06 Sep 03

Try Flashget instead. It acts as default downloader but if you click on cancel when it opens to download, your normal downloader kicks in.

TommyRed 10:33 06 Sep 03

Thanks everyone, think I'll try Flashget. TR

Icky 10:37 06 Sep 03

Try holding down the alt key when clicking on download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…