How do I delete unwanted Windows Updates?

gcbastin 09:19 05 Oct 03

I download most Windows updates from the site, but I have two that I do not want. One will not install so I've given up on it, the other I installed but didn't like what it did so I uninstalled it! However, both remain on the list of updates and there appears to be no way of clearing them. Thank you for any help offered.

Andsome 09:35 05 Oct 03

I believe that they WILL still remain on the list of updates, even though they have been uninstalled. I will stand correcting on this.

Andsome 09:47 05 Oct 03

I just checked this out for you. I uninstalled an update, then downloaded it again. When I check for installed updates, the list shows two successful downloads and installs.

Go to the Windows Update web page and in the left hand menus, look under 'Other Options' and select 'Personalise Windows Update'.

gcbastin 18:58 05 Oct 03

Thanks for suggestion. I'm aware of the 'Personalise Windows Update' option but there doesn't seem to be a way to completely clear the unwanted updates. The best I've found is it takes them off the number count on main page and hides them. But that doesn't work for Driver Updates, which is one I want to clear as it does things I don't like!!

graham√ 19:15 05 Oct 03

Are they in Add/Remove programs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…