how do I delete temporary internet files

reebob 15:27 19 Feb 06

I was told this is a good maintenance practice. We do hours of online stuff. How is it done

grumpy old git 15:38 19 Feb 06

I assume you are using Internet Explorer. Click on 'tools' then 'internet options' in the 'general tab' you will see 'clear history' and also 'delete cookies' that is all there is to it. Other browsers will have similar options.

grumpy old git 15:42 19 Feb 06

Oops sorry, also 'temporary internet files' click 'delete files'

Diodorus Siculus 16:52 19 Feb 06

Get crapcleaner from click here and it will do it with one click.

J B 10:43 20 Feb 06

There is another way to empty temp files; Click on tools, internet options, click on advanced, scroll down to "Empty temporary internet files folder when browser is closed" and check it. This will empty the folder for you. Hope this helps. J.B.

J B 10:47 20 Feb 06

My memory is slipping, I assume this is for Internet Explorer and that you have XP. If you do, this will work. J.B.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:33 20 Feb 06

Instead of all the faffing around there is a much easier and more thorough option. Download Ccleaner click here. It is a small, free programme which is totally safe and will clean out all files, even ones that are usually missed.

G

grumpy old git 19:38 21 Feb 06

I was thinking about my original reply and I see that other people are suggesting downloading various cleaners. If you are willing to download software then my preferred route would be to download and instal the free Mozilla Firefox browser which has a delete all private data button. I have used Firefox for over a year now and recently downloaded the latest version, I would not consider going back to Internet Explorer now unless IE7 is as good as or better than Firefox, I shall wait and see!

VoG II 20:00 21 Feb 06
  watchful 08:30 24 Feb 06

then go to Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/free up space on your hard drive/Disk clean-up. This shows a list of files that are safe to delete, including temporary internet files.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:31 24 Feb 06

Ccleaner is very safe to use and will delete a lot more than the 'Control Panel/Performance & Maintenance/free up space on your hard drive' method. One forum member used Ccleaner recently and it got rid of nearly 2Gb of files. It is a one click operation and should be on everyone's computer.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…